Arlo by NETGEAR Security System
Title : Arlo by NETGEAR Security System – 3 Wire–Free HD Cameras | Indoor/Outdoor | Night Vision (VMS3330)
ASIN : B00TU7S4LG
Description : Arlo Smart Home Security Cameras are the world’s ONLY 100% wire-free, HD, Indoor/Outdoor video cameras for home monitoring. Motion activated cameras initiate automatic recording and alert you via email or app notifications. Free apps enable remote monitoring from anywhere and with the built-in night vision you’ll even see in the dark.
- Works with Amazon Alexa/Echo Show/Fire TV – View your live video with a simple voice command
- Patented 100% Wire-Free design for easy placement anywhere
- Night vision cameras work even in the dark
- Motion activated cameras and real-time email or app notifications
- Records and alerts only when motion is detected so no battery power ever goes wasted
- Indoor/ outdoor weatherproof cameras
- App to securely view live video while home or away
- This is the standard Arlo camera, and the Arlo Pro is a separate product
Item Page Detail URL : Click Here for details
Rating : 4.0
Review : Pretty software, lackluster functionality and critical design hardware flaw.
Honestly I hate to be frank, but really these cameras should have never been released, they have a critical design flaw and some lack-luster software support. I will elaborate, however here are my minor complaints.
1) the 2nd day my app said my base station was offline, it however had green light to cameras and internet. While i had the app open i power cycled the base unit and low and behold it all came back to life. Having a cloud only unit that does not properly reconnect to the cloud on problems is unacceptable. I have my entire network battery backed up including the Arlo base unit, power wasn’t an issue. Needless to say this does not instill confidence in me as a reliable product when I need it.
2) The software while looking pretty is almost functionally useless. Only 10 seconds to 120 seconds recording option? Really why not record X seconds after motion stops. If you leave it at 10 seconds (factory setting) it’s just garbage since the clips are…